The category Environmental Award of the Year 2005
- Jaan Riis – for organizing Looduse Omnibuss (Nature Bus) and nature evenings; 1st prize – 30,000 kroons
- Riina Kallas – for launching the Tartu Recycling Centre; 2nd prize – 15,000 kroons
In addition, three equal prizes in the amount of 5,000 kroons were given out to NGO Nature Education Association Fenolo for creating an interactive nature calendar, NGO Timur for the project “Clean Forest 2005” and Hiiumaa Consumer Cooperative for launching a resourceful package deposit system in the year 2005.
The nominees in the category Small Environmental Award of the Year 2004 were all equally worthy of recognition. The award for a small environmental deed was given to the following organizations (5,000 kroons each):
- Torma Nursery School “Linnutaja” for versatile activities in the field of environmental education
- Tartu Hiie School for participating in and carrying out environmental projects
- Kopli Centre of Tallinn Children’s Home for participating in garbage collection of the surroundings of the Männiku quarry
- NGO Hared’s “Garden Windmill” for environmentally conscious development plan and curricula development
The jury also decided to award two special prizes:
- A special prize for launching an excellent deposit system was given to AS Eesti Statoil (deposit packages are received in all Statoil petrol stations; this is exceptional among small businesses and worth recognition).
- A special prize for popularization of the field of environment was given to NGO Ökokratt (they are a good example of how to make environmentally relevant topics popular and appealing to teenagers, thereby catching the attention of wider public).