The winners of the competition shall officially be announced at the award ceremony in January.
One overall winner of the Environmental Award of the Year will be announced. The following prizes will be awarded to the winners of the competition:
- The overall winner of the competition will receive a monetary prize of 4474 euros;
- The overall winner will also receive the right to use the environmental label;
- Based on the decision of the evaluation committee, other nominees may also be recognised with a letter of appreciation.
USING THE ENVIRONMENTAL LABEL
The winners of the competition will receive the right to use the environmental label of the Ministry of the Environment, featuring a logo of an apple tree blossom and an accompanying text “Environmental Award of the Year”.
The objective of issuing the environmental label is the following:
- Recognize deeds or initiatives carried out in the field of environment;
- Support environmental achievements of organisations;
- Offer competitive advantage;
- Increase consumer confidence towards the quality of products/services.
The winners of the competition shall gain the right to use the environmental label on their letterhead, prints and in marketing their products/services. The label can be used for an unspecified term under the condition that the label is used together with the awarding year.